Saturday, July 20, 2013

Back From Sacred Threads


I had a great time on my trip to see the Sacred Threads show, and tour the DC area with Debra.  I should have taken more pictures, but Debra's blog entry gives some more detailed highlights of our trip. Here I am in front of my entry, "St. Francis Preaches to the Birds." 

The show is very impressive, and it is an honor to be included. The show organizers arranged for a reception and dinner where we got to meet and chat with many of the other artists.


Debra and I battled the heat to see some of the museums and monuments in DC.


This is the Vietnam Women's Memorial.


I found this detail of the boots to be especially moving.


We hiked in the heat to the Lincoln Memorial. 


At the Smithsonian American History Museum, they have a truly impressive doll house.  It's meant to represent a spacious house for four adults and ten children.


In the food exhibit, they have my crock pot on display.  Debra says she has the same one in burnt orange.  Who knew we have important artifacts sitting in our kitchens?

7 comments:

Brenda said...

too funny that your crock pot could be in the museum! I've had fun touring the Smithsonians, and I'm not even American!

Debra Dixon said...

Your White House picture turned out really well.

Fun trip!

sophie said...

Sounds like a nice trip. I haven't seen any photos of the quilts from the exhibit--were photos allowed?

beth said...

FUnny! I had that crockpot too!!!

Judy S. said...

Bet you two had a blast! Some of our stuff I've seen in antique shops which is also disconcerting....

DebbyMc said...

Hahaha! Just replaced that crockpot recently, same color. I kept the booklet...and the glass lid cuz the new one's lid was plastic... :-)

Magpie Sue said...

I had one of those crock pots too! (I'm not sure, but I think I have a newer version now. Can you tell I'm not much of a cook?) What a great trip you must have had. I'm sure you could have spent a lot more time there, there's so much to see around D.C.!

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...