Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dishtowels


I bought these cool papel picado machine embroidery transfers from Debra  I thought they'd make cute dishtowel embellishments.  I jazzed up this set with rick rack.


This one got double layers of rick rack.


I made a more sedate set with the last set of towels.  I machine sewed the buttons, I'm not sure it's much faster than hand sewing, but you get nice uniform results.  Tip:  use scotch tape to hold the button in place while you stitch it.


I'm keeping the rest of the motifs for myself.  They'll be perfect for a little art quilt.  Maybe something for the Day of the Dead.

1 comment:

margaret said...

your towels are now far too nice to use!! wondering what day of the dead is about, sounds a bit creepy.

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...