Friday, July 24, 2015

Free Pattern Friday

The Age of Brass and Steam is a very popular free pattern on Ravelry.  Over 8,000 projects have been knitted from this pattern, probably because it's a very straight-forward and flexible pattern.  I knit mine from 3 different colored skeins of dk weight alpaca, and the white trim is a bit of angora.  All of these yarns were thrift store finds bought at different times, but the common fiber and weight made me want to use them together in a project.  Instead of counting rows before each eyelet section, I knitted each stockinette portion until the yarn ran out, then I changed colors and did the eyelets.

The pattern is excellent TV knitting as it takes little attention.  It can also be knit in any weight yarn and you can make it as small or large as your yarn allows. 

1 comment:

margaret said...

very nice and beautifully modelled. Unfortunately due to joint problems knitting is on my no do list these days, have been doing a bit of hand stitching this week and finding that is not suiting my fingers either which is such a shame as I would much rather hand than machine stitch

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...