Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Snowball


A friend of mine just became a grandmother, so I decided to knit a little sweater for the new baby.  The pattern, The Garter Yoke Baby Cardi by Jennifer Hoel, is available free on Ravelry.  It's a great, straightforward pattern, made fancy by some lady bug buttons that I think came from Debra. 

But then I started think, don't I have some lady bug fabric?


Sure enough, I did.


This adorable Reversible Sundress, pattern by Sew Baby, which I bought at JoAnn Fabrics,  sews up really easily.  The dress and lining are each one pattern piece, and the bloomers are made from 2 pieces.  It sews up in an hour or so.


The sweater is now an outfit.  Sometimes projects develop a life of their own and snowball into something a bit bigger than expected.  But I knew I was saving that lady bug fabric for a reason.

4 comments:

beth s said...

Sweet gift! Amazing how things come together, isn't it?

floribunda said...

so cute! I keep hoping someone will have a baby so I can make a tiny sweater... my grand-niece and nephew (the twins) are going to 4 next time, so their sweaters are getting bigger, too.

Judy S. said...

Adorable! Anything with ladybugs works for me!

Magpie Sue said...

That set could NOT be more adorable! I love little sundresses like that on toddlers. Good job!

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...