Friday, November 13, 2015

Free Pattern Friday: A Special Hat


I don't get to make many things for my son Alex.  He's a minimalist, doesn't like a lot of clutter, and frou-frou.  But I know he likes alpaca, which is warm and lightweight, and our weather has gotten colder lately.  I scanned Ravelry, looking for the most simple beanie pattern to go with some Mirasol Tuhu yarn I have in stash.  It's a cloud-like blend of baby llama, merino wool, and angora--as light and warm as alpaca and softer.  I used the Benefaction Knit Hat pattern by Stacey Winklepleck for Knit Picks.  It was a pleasure to knit this simple hat with such luxurious yarn. 

2 comments:

margaret said...

this will keep him nice and warm in the cold, they day if the head is wrapped up well it helps the whole body

Magpie Sue said...

So satisfying on so many counts! You got to make a gift for a loved one, you were able to use lovely yarns, and I bet it knitted up quickly. Doesn't get much better than that does it?

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...