Friday, January 15, 2016

Free Pattern Friday: Knit Night Hat and Camp Out Fingerless Mitts


It's nice to have coordinated sets of knitwear.  I often find myself in a mishmash of odd pieces, that while warm, don't always create a stylish image.  From one ball of Malabrigo Rios yarn, and less than one hundred yards of Elsebeth Lavold Favorite Wool,  I knit both the Knit Night Hat, and the Camp Out Fingerless Mitts.

The hat pattern runs big, a good thing for me because I have a large head.  The mitts pattern is fun because it uses a few special techniques: the provisional cast-on, and the 3-needle bind off, that make it interesting.  It made my thrifty heart sing to use the leftover Rios to trim the mitts, since the yarn is so special.

No comments:

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...