Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Pencil Pouch


My daughter was home between semesters at college and asked for a new pencil pouch.  I was, of course, happy to oblige.

These were made from a tutorial on the Simply Notable blog.  The instructions are crystal clear, and it was fun to let Allie pick from my stash of quirky fabrics.


These can be made with three coordinated fabrics-- the pouch is fully lined--so this is a scrap-friendly project.  Looking for zip pulls in my embellishment stash was also fun.  I may make more of these for gifts.  I'll be scouting the thrift stores for 9" zippers.

2 comments:

margaret said...

these pouches are very popular at the moment time I made one too, yours are lovely, fabrics I have not seen before but I suppose there must be hundreds if not thousands of fabrics available

Heather Woollove said...

So cute!!

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...