Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Fresh Ironing Board Covers


My ironing board cover was looking pretty terrible, so I recovered it.


I used this funny vintage fabric, a package of double fold bias tape,  and this YouTube tutorial.   It makes ironing much more pleasant. 


While I was at it, I also recovered the ironing pad I keep next to my sewing machine.


I covered it with another piece of vintage fabric by just folding it over to the back side and taping it down with blue painter's tape.

It's amazing the things that will give you a fresh lease on life.

3 comments:

margaret said...

two great projects must check out the video as both mine need doing, never thought to hang my board from the back of the door but will be doing that now too

beth s said...

Love that vintage fabric!!

Magpie Sue said...

My ironing board cover could use freshening up too, now that you mention it. Doubt I'll be tackling it any time soon though!

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...